Thursday, April 24, 2014

Captain Phillips

I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Like legit- LOVE. Nothing makes me happier than an amazing performance by my guy, Tom Hanks. He was completely robbed of an Oscar nomination, and all other awards. (Matthew Mcconaughey did kill it in Dallas Buyers Club though). Anyways, back to Tom. This was honestly such a great performance, script, and the other actors in this movie were spot on. I am also obsessed with the main Somali pirate, Barkhad Abdi. Obviously he is skinny and Somalian, but he completely got into his role of the pirate who somehow had the slightest tinge of morals. My favorite line is obviously when Barkhad says, "Look at me. I am the Captain now." It's iconic. And the fact that they kept Captain Phillips alive, and kept telling him that everything will be okay, you somewhat feel for this guy. Overall, A+ movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment