Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Apollo 13

Overall, I didn't really like this movie. I thought it moved very slow, and had too much going on and I had a hard time paying attention. I love love love Tom Hanks and think he is one of the best actors, but in general I was just bored by this movie. I thought Kevin Bacon was very underused, and that there was too many scenes that weren't needed. I do like when movies give some background to the characters but this was to the next level. The only scenes I really enjoyed were at the end when they were trying to get back to Earth, and they almost burned. When they landed and then seeing their families reactions did bring tears to my eyes, but the overall movie was somewhat slow and boring.

That is a ridiculous, stupid amount of money to be spent on space exploration. I think that is so ridiculous to be spent on exploring a place that provides nothing to the people of the United States. Sure it is cool to have gone to the moon, but I think that the money could've been spent on much more crucial and important things such as education, universal health care, fixing roads and highways, and more importantly, lowering the national debt. We are in this huge debt and people blame one or two people like the President, but then we look at our government as a whole who spend huge amounts of money on dumb things like space, and wonder why we don't have money!! NASA should not be funded by the government in the way it is, whatsoever. It should either be privately funded like a normal company, or decrease government support by a large sum.

I really could not care less about the United States not going to space. It does not matter that we may behind other countries in this area. I would much rather be spending our time, energy, and financial needs on other programs. It would look 100% better to be ahead in the education aspect instead of space. Space benefits next to nobody. The United States is so misguided in what is important. I'm glad they retired the space program.

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha this post is great. This is the complete opposite of what I said and I love it. I like that you spoke your mind. You actually do make some really good points

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with everything that Nicole said. I especially agree on her views towards to retirement of the space program. There are so many pressing issues in the United States and it's ridiculous to spend so much money and time on exploring space rather than help our citizens. I really don't see how exploring space benefits the country as a whole.

    ReplyDelete