Thursday, February 6, 2014

Tombstone

At first, I really did not like Tombstone due to the fact that I don't care about Old West and cowboys. I also hate guns, so the excessive gun violence made me angry. But as the movie progressed I actually grew to like it. I think Kurt Russell did a really good job, but there was times in the movie that were kind of confusing and I had no idea what was going on. I also thought that there were too many side stories going on that made me confused. I think the general plot was interesting and a good movie, but there was too many gun fights and different characters that made me lose interest or just get confused. Another petty thing that bothered me was the terrible special effects. I understand this movie isn't super new, but the effects and props were so bad and that made me distracted. Overall, the cast was pretty good and it was fun finding actors that I recognize, specifically John Corbett aka Aidan Shaw. I'm not sure if I would refer this movie just because it isn't a genre that personally interests me, but I did like it and think Kurt Russell did a very good job. 

I think the phrase legendary is so stupid. People overuse it and refer to something that was great and amazing as legendary. I don't know how I would define legendary but I don't think most things that are said to be legendary really are. An event that is legendary is something so special and unique that it only happens once, ever, and the only time it could have ever happened was in that one instance. Nothing in the film was legendary. Wyatt Earp was cool and confident and had some good moves, but he isn't a legend. And the crazy amount of killing he did, in my books that is not legendary that is disgusting. I understand that the cowboys were equally brutal, but I just don't think killing a killer makes any sense. It is just hypocritical. Honestly, there is no part of the Wild West that appeals to me. I think the behavior is awful and the greed for wealth is gross. I'm not interested in that whatsoever. 

1 comment:

  1. I agreed with most of what Nicole wrote in her post. I am not overly enthused over movies about the "Wild West" but this movie kept my attention eventually and I begun to enjoy it. I definitely thought that the movie got confusing at times as I would get lost in what was going on and who the different characters were. I didn't really develop many feelings for any of the characters. I felt very badly for Wyatt's wife and I did end up really liking Doc, but aside from that, I didn't care much for the other characters. Unlike Nicole, I didn't think there were enough action scenes. Of course I disagree with gun violence, but in a movie about the "Wild West" where it is stereotyped for the large amount of gun fights, I think it would've made the movie more interesting to watch to see more of those gun fights. I don't know enough about Wyatt to really have much of an opinion on him, but if he was considered a legend, I think the movie should've emphasized that more. I agree with Nicole that the "Wild West" is overall unappealing with their awful behavior and greed for wealth.

    ReplyDelete